This new commentary service helps lawyers address the conceptual challenges and risk arising for businesses in the introduction of a new Australia-wide legislative scheme for registering and protecting all personal property securities.
Developing with the changing law, the service will prove useful in both updating practitioners on the impact of the changes and in providing tools to ensure you are able to advise your clients on the new regime and how to prepare for it.
Did you know?
- Commentary and guidance are provided by Dr James O’Donovan, Professor of Law at the University of Western Australia, a Barrister and Solicitor of the Supreme Courts of Western Australia, Victoria and South Australia and a Solicitor of the Supreme Courts of Queensland and New South Wales. He is a member of the independent bar in Perth. Professor O’Donovan is the author of Lender Liability, and Company Receivers and Administrators, and co-author of the Modern Contract of Guarantee.
- The service provides commentary offering unique insight into the likely operation of a looming new regime affecting commercial lawyers and many businesses.
- The service provides important reference materials, including the draft Bill, updating as the law develops.
- A guide through developing law and practice, becoming an essential working tool as the regime settles into operation.
- Analysis of parallels from international case law, especially in Canada and New Zealand, identifies likely directions in Australian applications, and points to authorities.