A practical service that presents a well-researched and wide-ranging exposition of international commercial arbitration from an Australian perspective. It is an essential work for those involved in today’s international business environment and require a full and proper grasp of the subject.
The service contains the full text of the International Arbitration Act 1974 (Cth) and all amendments to date, a comprehensive discussion of the UNCITRAL Model Law , the New York Convention, the ICSID Convention and the rules of the foremost international associations with commentary thereon.
Other topics covered include the validity of an award for punitive damages, the jurisdiction of Australian courts in international commercial arbitration matters, enforcement, recognition procedures for foreign arbitral awards and the principles of awarding costs. The service also includes invaluable material on Stabilisation Clauses and Renegotiation Clauses, including draft precedents.
- Well informed, learned discourse.
- Arbitration has moved beyond its traditional specialist areas of shipping, insurance and some commodities trades and now encompasses the whole area f international commerce, involving states and governments as well as corporate entities.
- Comprehensive collation of all source material.
- A good supplement to Commercial Arbitration Law and Practice.
- Very practical ready reference to leading cases and comprehensive and consolidated resource material on all relevant international commercial arbitration rules, their fee scales and details.
Marcus Jacobs QC is a leading practitioner in the areas of international commercial arbitration, alternative dispute resolution and security of payments.