This service, devoted to the South Australian jurisdiction provides comprehensive coverage of all aspects of stamp duties legislation and Stamp Duties Office practice in one handy volume. It includes the full text of the Stamp Duties Act 1923 with detailed annotations, plus other relevant legislation.
Among the many features of this service are a discussion of important decisions from other States, the Federal and High Courts as well as practice pointers and second reading speeches for new Bills amending the relevant revenue laws.
- Legislation relevant to stamp duties in South Australia in one handy volume
- Detailed and thorough annotations to legislation, with clear, easy-to-understand text and frequent helpful headings.
- Contains stamp duties Circulars released by RevenueSA .
- Bulletins issued in-between updates, as required
- The service was written with the advice and co-operation of the Commissioner of Stamp and Stamp Duties Office.Key Legislation includes
The original author of the service is Michael Quinlan LLM (Adel) who has extensive experience in the area of stamp duties law. Mr Quinlan is a barrister and solictor of the Supreme Courts of South Australia and Western Australia and is admitted as a barrister in England. Having practised in this area in Adelaide initially, in Perth with Corrs Chambers Westgarth, and in London, he has advised and appeared as counsel for both the taxpayer and the revenue. He is currently the partner in charge of stamp taxes at Deloitte & Touche. He no longer writes for the service.
Jeremy Schultz LLM (Adel) is a partner at Finlaysons specialising in commercial law and provides advice on stamp duty implications in varous areas including mergers and acquisitions, cross-border leasing, finance and security transactions and debt reconstructions. He has also conducted workshops on the operation of the South Australian Stamp Duties Act.