Explanations are given on how the Australian Taxation Office is administering the GST and how the courts are interpreting it. These practical explanations provide you with guidance on managing operational GST issues such as dealing with GST when buying, re-structuring or running a business.
Available on the Tax & Accounting Platform, this service can now also be subscribed to on Legal Online.
Australian GST Handbook includes commentary on:
- New Rulings and Determinations.
- New and amended Legislation.
- The Government’s responses to the Board of Taxation’s report into the review of the law of GST administration, announced in the 2010 Federal Budget.
- Begins with practical overviews and simple concepts before moving on to the complex.
- Authored by a former practitioner and leading commentator with over 14 years experience in GST.
- Logically structured with user-friendly tables and index.
- Highlights important issues, including shortfalls in the legislation, interpretations by the Tax Office, and their targeted issues.
- Highly explanatory style with extra depth of coverage and analysis on many areas of GST, critical appraisals of rulings where relevant, and worked examples throughout.
- Provides practical guidance on managing operational GST issues including how to deal with GST when buying, re-structuring or running a business.
Peter Hill, B Bus M Tax (UNSW) FTIA – Managing Writer of Thomson Reuters Tax Writers team. He is the author and Technical Editor of the Australian GST Handbook. Peter has authored many GST publications, has presented tax papers since 1989, and spent 12 years tax consulting in Australia and New Zealand.
Click here for more information.