Stay up-to-date with the ever-changing world of superannuation with the Australian Superannuation Handbook 2010-11. Available on both Tax & Accounting Online as well as Legal Online this is an ideal reference for financial planners, accountants, auditors, lawyers, superannuation trustees, fund administrators, and other participants in the superannuation and financial services industry.
By tracking the superannuation life cycle in a modern context, the Australian Superannuation Handbook 2010-11, current to July 2010, provides a complete and authoritative guide to the operation of the entire superannuation system.
While the Henry Tax Report and Cooper Review did not deliver the “big bang” reforms anticipated in 2010, the stage has been set for the government to develop far-reaching measures aimed at improving the efficiency and governance of the superannuation system. For instance, the Cooper Review has made 177 recommendations which the government will consider following further industry consultation.
Likewise, the government has proposed a number of superannuation reforms in response to the Henry Tax Report. Several other Henry recommendations on superannuation and retirement incomes were neither accepted nor rejected by the government in its initial response. As a result, areas targeted for potential reforms in the years ahead are flagged throughout this Handbook.
• Includes all amendments as at July 2010
• Succinct analysis of broad and complex topics
• Chapters track the life cycle of superannuation
• Integrated coverage of tax, SIS regulation and trust law
• Dedicated chapter for self-managed super funds (SMSFs)
• Flags interpretative approach of Tax Office and APRA
• Coverage of Henry and Cooper reform proposals
• Quick reference tables for key rates and thresholds
• Readily answer common superannuation questions
• Advise clients with confidence on best practices
• Avoid common pitfalls on superannuation transactions
• Maximise the latest superannuation opportunities
• Comply with Tax Office requirements
• Navigate easily between superannuation and tax law
• Identify pending reforms which may impact advice
• Perform everyday calculations faster and more easily
Updated bi-annually in February and August each year.
Thomson Reuters is investing in an extensive capital program to further enhance the performance and functionality of our online tax content. This investment will deliver improvements including:
• Currency – there will be a significant increase in the frequency of legislation updates. In addition currency statements will also be improved;
• Linking – linking within products (eg between chapters and legislation) as well as linking between products is being improved;
• Navigation – commentary products will be easier to use due to the restyling of the Table of Contents structure;
• User interface – the look and feel of our tax content will be consistent which will make users more comfortable with using our platforms; and
• Update Alerts – when the product has been updated and uploaded to online an alert will be emailed to the subscriber, this is to be introduced during 2011.