There’s an enormous quantity of information in our Online Services and some individual documents are huge in their own right. Getting lost or losing your bearings can be really frustrating and endlessly scrolling back to the beginning or end of a document to find them is time consuming.
When you can no longer see the familiar reference points of the document title, *bread crumb trail or page numbers use these tips to quickly find out where you are.
(*breadcrumb trail – the steps you took through the data to arrive where you are now.)
Using Keyboard Shortcuts to establish location
- Control + Home (pressed at the same time) takes you to the top of the page in the document you are currently viewing
- Control + End (pressed at the same time) takes you to the end of the page in the document you are currently viewing
- Use the Page Down key in place of the scroll wheel on your mouse to move down through the document at your own pace
- Use the Page Up key in place of the scroll wheel on your mouse to move at your own pace up through the document
5. Use the directional arrow keys to move in the direction indicated by the arrow.
To move up through a document use the arrow pointing away from you.
To move down, use the arrow pointing toward you.