Thomson Reuters is committed to ensuring we deliver the best possible products and services to our subscribers. As part of this commitment we are excited to let you know about some upcoming changes to the Westlaw Australia platform.
The changes will take place on the 17th of December. There will be no disruption of service and the site will remain active while your session is running. You will need to log off and back on to see the changes and take advantage of the new features.
Your access to content, tab set up, current WestClips, research trail & preferences are not affected in any way by these changes.
The majority of Westlaw’s 40,000+ databases are international legal material with a small offering of local Australian content including case law and news. Legal Online remains the primary service for Thomson Reuters Australian Legal content. As a result we have renamed the Westlaw Australia service Westlaw International to better reflect the content focus.
For the majority of users the Login process will not change.
- IP Fixed users: no change required. You will notice the changes once they go live
- Username & Password users:
- If you log in to Westlaw today via www.thomsonreuters.com.au your drop down option in the subscriber login will change from Westlaw to Westlaw International.
- If you log in to Westlaw today via www.westlaw.com.au this site will be redirected to www.thomsonreuters.com.au You can then select Westlaw International from the subscriber login drop down and enter your username, password and client id as normal.
We have also added some great new features, including:
- KeyCite Alert: automatically monitors the status of your cases, statutes, administrative decisions, and regulations and sends you updates when their KeyCite results change
- Find & Print: find and print multiple citations at once
- New Databases list: displays databases that have been added to Westlaw in the last 30 days
- Court Docs: combines briefs, pleadings, motions, memoranda, eforms, dockets, and expert testimony in one place, with powerful search enablers.
All functionality is subject to standard subscription based warnings. You will be warned or blocked (based on your settings) if the new functionality takes you outside of your current subscription.
We will remind you again about these changes on the 17th. That article will also include an updated User Guide that reflects these changes.
If you would like more information on any of these new features please contact the Digital Support Team on 1800 020 548 or by email at LTA.Digital.Support@thomsonreuters.com