You will notice that the changes we advised you of previously are now live. If you do not yet see the new features you may need to log off your current session and log back in.
Your access to content, tab set up, current WestClips, research trail & preferences have not been affected in any way by these changes.
The majority of Westlaw’s 40,000+ databases are international legal material with a small offering of local Australian content including case law and news. Legal Online remains the primary service for Thomson Reuters Australian legal content. As a result you will notice the Westlaw service has been renamed Westlaw International to better reflect that content focus.
For the majority of users the login process will not have changed.
- IP Fixed users: no change required.
- Username & Password users:
- If you log in to Westlaw via www.thomsonreuters.com.au your drop down option in the subscriber login has changed from Westlaw to Westlaw International.
- If you logged in to Westlaw via www.westlaw.com.au this site has been redirected to www.thomsonreuters.com.au You can now select Westlaw International from the subscriber login drop down and enter your username, password and client id as normal.
We have also added some great new features, including:
- KeyCite Alert: automatically monitors the status of your cases, statutes, administrative decisions, and regulations and sends you updates when their KeyCite results change
- Find & Print: find and print multiple citations at once
- New Databases list: displays databases that have been added to Westlaw in the last 30 days
- Court Docs: combines briefs, pleadings, motions, memoranda, eforms, dockets, and expert testimony in one place, with powerful search enablers.
All functionality is subject to standard subscription based warnings. You will be warned or blocked (based on your settings) if the new functionality takes you outside of your current subscription.
Click here for an updated Westlaw International Quick Guide.
If you would like more information on any of these new features or if you are not seeing these changes please contact the Digital Support Team on 1800 020 548 or by email at LTA.Digital.Support@thomsonreuters.com