Here are some statistics and information on The Laws of Australia in 2010.
50% more Subtitles updated: 61 in 2010 (40 in 2009). 2010 saw major updates to:
- Title 15 Equity (9 Subtitles)
- Title 12 Criminal Sentencing (5 Subtitles)
- Title 28 Real Property (5 Subtitles)
- Title 14 Environment and Natural Resources (4 Subtitles)
TLA Book published: In July 2010, we released Remedies in Equity – The Laws of Australia (David Wright, Samantha Hepburn).
New authors published: TLA feautured new authors in 2010, including: Gavin Adkins, Danielle Andrewartha, Associate Professor David Brown, Katrine del Villar, James Fahey, James Hope, Adjunct Professor Zada Lipman, John Malon, Nathan Moshinsky QC, Melissa Purdy and Bernadette Richards. Congratulations and welcome to all our new authors!
More editors working in-house: In 2010, our editorial team expanded to 12 in-house editors (10 editors are legally qualified). TLA editors put much care, attention and expertise into ensuring that TLA is an easy-to-use and accurate resource. In 2011, we will provide more information and background about TLA’s talented editors.
References in judicial decisions: TLA, and TLA books, continued to be referred to by the Courts in 2010. The Supreme Courts of Tasmania, Victoria and Western Australia, as well as the Federal Court of Australia, referred to the following TLA material:
- 35.5 Notion of Unconscionability
- 15.8 Injunctions
- 21.1 Development and Definition of Human Rights
- 30.1 Restraint of Trade
- 7.2 Vitiating Factors
- Limitation of Actions – The Laws of Australia (2nd Ed)
- Contract: General Principles – The Laws of Australia (2006)
For more information on The Laws of Australia visit our homepage.