A patch to resolve the ongoing technical problem that has been affecting a minority of Termination Payout Calculator customers has been tested and released today. The patch will enable users who have been encountering a problem of missing tables within the most recent update to replace the file that is causing the error messages with a new file, without losing any data that may already be contained within the file.
This issue is only affecting a small percentage of the users of Termination Payout Calculator, and upon application of the patch all technical issues faced by these customers should be resolved. Should further issues occur please contact our customer support team at LTA.Service@thomsonreuters.com.
Instructions on accessing and installing the patch are as follows:
Updating Termination Payout Calculator (TPC) to version 18:
- First run the version 18 installation.
- If the database fails to update (you see an error message during the update, or when attempting to start the product):
- Download and save this file: http://services.thomsonreuters.com.au/tools/tpc/20110719_patch/DBUpgrade.exe
- Copy the file (“DBUpgrade.exe”) into the installed location of TPC. This will replace the previously installed copy of the file. Note: the default installation location for TPC is “C:\Program Files\CPD\TermCalc”.
- In the installed location of TPC, double-click the “DBUpgrade.exe” file to run it.
You should see a dialogue box indicating that the database is upgrading.
- When the database has completed upgrading, select “OK” to continue.
- You should now be able to run Termination Payout Calculator.