The lingering effects of the global financial crisis, coupled with other major financial and political uncertainty of recent times, not only in Australia but as evidenced in Europe and the United States, demonstrate that there is a continuum of events which has the potential to undermine the viability of organisations. As clearly highlighted in the recent Federal Court decision in the Centro Properties case, directors have a duty to ensure that the organisations which they govern are sustainable through disruptive events and create the culture in which business opportunities are chosen wisely.
Organisational sustainability and resilience means the ability and capacity of a corporation to withstand potential significant business interruption and this is becoming more important than ever before. Sustainability is not only about being able to respond to a single crisis or setback, but about continuously anticipating and adjusting to trends that can permanently alter the viability of a business.
Company Director Manual will keep you up to date with the latest legislation and gives Company Directors vital information on best practice, principles, and legal requirements in achieving a sustainable organisation. In addition, Company Director Manual supports your continuing professional development.
Used as a daily reference tool, Company Director Manual continues to be the only product on the market specifically aimed at corporate governance and will arm subscribers with all of the information required to undertake the role and responsibilities of a Company Director.
- Discussion and analysis of the key compliance issues including directors’ duties and responsibilities, financial reporting requirements, taxation, FBT, superannuation, trade practices, employment, OHS and other laws affecting directors.
- Supported by checklists, flow-charts, decision trees, pro formas, examples and case studies.
- Access to the Baxt Report, written by industry expert Professor Bob Baxt from Freehills Lawyers.
- Gives you the knowledge base you need to safeguard your organisation against risk.
- Supports your continuing professional development, giving you an up-to-date resource that encapsulates the legal and regulatory aspects of a company director’s role.
- Provides you with the tools to help you put the law into practice in your own organisation.
- Provides timely analysis of important legal and policy developments in the law that affect Australian corporations.
Features two updates per year.
Click here for more information about this product.