The Laws of Australia encyclopaedia (TLA) is a complete library of legal principles covering over 320 topics and every Australian jurisdiction. With unmatched breadth and depth and an easy-to-read style, it will quickly acquaint you with unfamiliar areas of law.
The Hon Michael Kirby AC CMG is Editor in Chief of The Laws of Australia, overseeing the team of more than 400 specialist authors and expert Title Editors. The Laws of Australia was originally published under Founding Editor in Chief John Riordan.
- Useful for practitioners and students who need to understand a wide range of areas of law which may impact on the area they specialise in.
- Saves time and money – gives subscribers with a neat, reliable coverage of basic principles and directs them to the primary law.
- Relevant to all Australian practitioners, enables users to quickly compare different jurisdictions, useful for international users seeking an understanding of Australian law.
- Extra information on cases and legislation assist users with their research decisions.
- The style and contents make the work both accessible to novices and useful to more experienced practitioners.
The Laws of Australia covers 323 specific topics across 36 broad subject areas. TLA states the core principles of the law around a legal topic (emboldened at the start of each paragraph of text) and acts as an explanatory tool or starting point for researching key substantive legislative and case law.
Online: TLA is a valuable gateway to online research using Thomson Reuters’ Legal Online services such as Firstpoint, law journals, law reports and unreported judgments. Our new online legal research platform, Westlaw AU, was launched in August 2011. Westlaw AU is the latest evolution in legal online research in Australia. It has enhanced the appearance and functionality of the encyclopaedia, as well as its integration with other online services such as our case citator and digest, FirstPoint. Legal Online subscribers will be progressively ’migrated’ to Westlaw AU over the coming months.
Paper: TLA is a 53 binder looseleaf service, with approximately 40,000 pages.
Click here for more information on this product.