2012 SO FAR …
2012 is proving to be an exciting time for The Laws of Australia (TLA), as Thomson Reuters implemented a second major investment program to improve the quality and currency of the service.
This second major investment program is set to deliver major enhancements to the currency of TLA. As you will remember, Thomson Reuters undertook to increase the TLA publishing program by 30% during 2006, 50% during 2009 and we are pleased to advise that in 2012 this target is a further 33% increase. This means our dedicated TLA editorial team is publishing 80 Subtitles of updated TLA content a year.
This expanded publishing program will remain ongoing into 2013 and beyond and will continue to strengthen TLA as a first point of reference for customer research.
2012 ENHANCEMENT PROJECT
We are striving to provide a service which continually exceeds subscribers’ expectations. The 2012 currency enhancement program is delivering extra resources, funds and legally trained TLA editors, to increase our publishing program to 80 Subtitles a year.
GOING TO PRESS …
We are committed to sustaining the momentum of our publishing program into 2013 and beyond. To give you a sense of what you can expect, the following Subtitles are expected to be published in the final months of this year and early part of next year:
- Business Organisations: 4.7 – Company Winding Up
- Civil Procedure: 5.9 – Appeals
- Communications new subtitle: 6.2 – Criminal Defamation, 6.9 – Internet Law
- Contracts: Specific: 8.4 – Sale of Goods
- Criminal Sentencing: 12.8 – Post-custodial Orders
- Dispute Resolution: 13.5 – Mini-trial, 13.7 – Arbitration
- Environment and Natural Resources:14.2 – Planning: Central and Regional
- Family Law: 17.11 – Child Support
- Finance, Banking and Securities: 18.9 – Securities
- Government: 19.5 – Federal Constitutional System
- Health and Guardianship: 20.1 – Health Rights and responsibilities, 20.5 – Public Health and Infectious Diseases
- International Trade: 24.4 – International taxation
- Interpretation: 25.2 – Subordinate Legislation Interpretation, 25.3 – Non-Statutory Interpretation, 25.4 – Judicial Holdings
- Real Property: 28.17 – Land Acquisition
- Revenue Law: 31.12 – Administration