Some of the most useful features on ProView are the ability to Highlight Text, Add Notes and Bookmark Pages. These features allow you to have all the benefits of a mobile device without losing your ability to mark up and bookmark the text as you see fit.
But what happens when you purchase a new edition?
Unlike your old books, ProView allows you to import your Highlights, Notes and Bookmarks from previous editions so you will not lose the valuable information you have added over time.
Importing to new editions could not be easier.
Simply follow these 5 simple steps:
- Locate the new edition in your library then tap and hold down on the cover until you see three options pop up
- Tap on Import Annotations
- Locate the previous edition you would like to import from the list and tap on the cover
- Check you have selected the correct editions and tap on Import
- Tap on Close
Your annotations are now imported.
Sometimes text you had previously annotated is no longer part of the new edition or has changed significantly to the point that ProView does not recognise it as the same text you had annotated. When this happens ProView will place these orphan annotations in a Displaced Folder in the tools menu.
You can view orphan annotations by taping the icon to go to the tools section and then the annotation tab. The annotations tab contains a list of all the annotations that have been created or imported into the new edition as well as the “Displaced” ones. Tap on Displaced to see the orphan annotations.
To place the orphan annotations back into the e-publication;
- Find the new location you would like to attach the annotation to
- Highlight the text as you would when adding a new annotation
- Tap Attach Displaced note
- Tap the applicable orphan note
- Tap Attach Note