From 12 April 2013, the Federal Magistrates Court is now known as the Federal Circuit Court of Australia.
To reflect the name change, the following headings on Firstpoint’s classification scheme have been amended:
• Defence and war > Veterans > Entitlements > Federal Circuit Court
• High Court and Federal Court > Federal Circuit Court
• Industrial law > The Commonwealth > Federal Circuit Court
FirstPoint will include judgments handed down by the Federal Circuit Court.
For every Federal Circuit Court judgment on FirstPoint, customers will be able to:
• Access the full text of the judgment;
• See relevant litigation history;
• View the classification(s) (using the Australian Digest’s detailed classification scheme) to which the judgment has been classified; and
• With one click, access other judgments classified to the same subject area.
For selected Federal Circuit Court judgments, a digest note (highlighting the point of legal principle or interesting set of facts) and a list of cases and legislation judicially considered will become available.
Senior Legal Editor