ASIC Corporate Investigations and Hearings – Update 82
- New Developments material updated.
- Amendments to the Administrative Appeals Tribunal Act 1975 (Cth) and the Corporations Regulations 2001 (Cth).
- New Information Sheet 172: Cooperating with ASIC.
- New and updated legislative cross-references.
Australian Bankruptcy Law & Practice – Update 161
- Updated annotations to ss 120, 139J(1), 139L, 139P(1), 139W and 153B of the Bankruptcy Act 1966.
- Legislative amendments as a result of the renamed Federal Magistrates Court to the “Federal Circuit Court of Australia”.
- Current thresholds and Recent Developments updated.
The Law Relating to Banker and Customer in Australia – Updates 88 and 89
- Extensive commentary updated in Chs 1 – The Australian financial system: law, practice, regulation, institutions; 2 – Financial institution and customer: basic principles; 4 – Payment, credit and exchange mechanisms; and 6 – Consumer payment and finance.
- Amendments to the AML/CTF Rules Instrument 2007 (No 1), Personal Property Securities Act 2009 (Cth) and Privacy Act 1988 (Cth).
- New Code of Banking Practice included.
- ePayments Code included.
- Corporations Regulations 2001 (Cth) amended.
- New and updated legislative cross-references included.
- RG 206 – Credit Licensing: Competence and Training reissued.
Commercial Arbitration Law & Practice – Update 135
- The author has revised and updated commentary on Awards and Costs, Security of Payment, The Arbitrator’s Jurisdiction and Alternative Dispute Resolution.
Company Receivers and Administrators – Updates 145 and 146
Update 145: Commentary has been added to Chs 3, 5, 7, 10, 11, 19, 24, 25, 28, 50 and 60.
Update 146: Commentary has been added to Chs 41, 42, 44, 46, 56, and 58.
Computer Contracts Principles and Precedents – Update 121
- Commentary updated in Chs 1, 1A, 3 and 4.
- Case Digests updated.
The Law of Intellectual Property; Copyright, Designs and Confidential Information – Update 72
- Further commentary has been added to Ch 13, Remedies for infringements of copyright: civil and criminal; see [13.9600] – [13.9680].
- Amendments to the Copyright Act 1968 (Cth), the Copyright Regulations 1969 (Cth), the Designs Act 2003 (Cth), the Designs Regulations 2004 (Cth) and the Resale Royalty Right for Visual Artists Act 2009 (Cth) have been incorporated.
- New Determination – Resale Royalty Right for Visual Artists (Format of Notice of Commercial Resale) Determination (No 1) 2012 (Cth) has been inserted.
The Law of Life Insurance in Australia – Update 119
- The Chapter Insurance in Superannuation has been revised and updated.
- The Corporations Regulations 2001 (Cth) have been amended by Corporations Amendment Regulation 2013 (No 1) (Cth).
- Regulatory Guides have been updated and reissued: Licensing: Training of financial product advisers [RG 146]; and Australian Market Licences: Australian operators [PS 172].
Liquor Licensing Law and Practice NSW – Update 150
- Liquor licensing commentary and hotel & club gaming commentary updated.
- Liquor Act 2007 (NSW) updated.
- New Developments updated.
McPherson’s Law of Company Liquidation – Update 45
- Commentary updated in Chs 12 – Creditors and 13 – Division of assets among creditors.
- Personal Property Securities Act 2009 (Cth) amended by the Federal Circuit Court of Australia (Consequential Amendments) Act 2013 (Cth) (Act No 13, 2013).
- New Developments updated including publication of extracts of the Insolvency Law Reform Bill 2013 (Exposure Draft).
- ASIC Form 505 updated.
National Workplace Relations – Update 59
- The Fair Work Act 2009 (Cth) amended by the Federal Circuit Court of Australia (Consequential Amendments) Act 2013 (Cth).
- Legislative amendments throughout.
- Building Code 2013 added.
The Law of Trusts – Update 109
- Chapter 14, External liabilities of trustees, has been updated by Professor J Glover.
Robson’s Annotated Corporations Legislation – Update 40
- Updated annotations issued for Pts 5.4, 5.4B and Ch 5B of the Corporations Act 2001 (Cth).
- Amendments made to the Corporations Regulations 2001 (Cth).
Trade Practices Law – Competition and Consumer Law – Update 165
- Eight Commentary chapters have been updated: 1. The Nature, Derivation and Administration of the Act; 2. Federal Constitutional Power: Extent and Limitations; 14. Enforcement, Remedies, Defences; 16. General Prohibition of Deceptive and Misleading Conduct; 19. Unfair Practices: False and Misleading Representations and Other Conduct: Sections 29-38 of the Australian Consumer Law; 20. Unfair Practices: Unsolicited Supplies, Pyramid Schemes, Pricing Practices, Referral Selling, Harassment and Coercion: Sections 39-50 of the Australian Consumer Law; 22. Unsolicited Consumer Agreements: Sections 69-95 of the Australian Consumer Law; and 26. Offences: Sections 151-217.
- The Federal Circuit Court of Australia (Consequential Amendments) Act 2013 (Cth) (Act 13 of 2013) has amended sections within Pts I, VI, XI and XIB of the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth), commencing on 12 April 2013.
- The Justice and Community Safety Legislation Amendment Act 2013 (ACT) (Act 7 of 2013) has amended the Dictionary definition of ‘fair trading legislation’ within the Fair Trading (Australian Consumer Law) Act 1992 (ACT), commencing on 2 March 2013.
Trade Secrets and Privacy – Update 5
- “Australia and International Privacy”, “Existing data protection laws”, “Australia’s new privacy laws” and “Conducting business overseas” revised.
- Do Not Call Register Act 2006 (Cth) amended.
- New international legislation added.
- New Developments added.