ASIC Corporate Investigations and Hearings – Update 83
- Original updated commentary in Ch 1: Policy and Legal Framework; Ch 3: ASIC Informal Inquiries; Ch 4: Investigations; Ch 5: Examinations; Ch 8: ASIC Proceedings on Investigations; Ch 9: ASIC Hearings; Ch 10: Conduct of Hearings; Ch 11: Release of Information; Ch 12: Enforcement; Ch 14: Privilege Against Self-incrimination and Penalty Privilege; Ch 15: Legal Professional Privilege; and Ch 16: Review.
Australian Bankruptcy Law & Practice – Update 163
- Two Bankruptcy Determinations issued, commencement date 1 July 2013.
- Amendments to the Federal Circuit Court of Australia Act 2009 (Cth) and Family Law Act 1975 (Cth).
- ITSA Fees and Charges and Recent Developments updated.
- Digest of Judgments cross-references added.
Banker and Customer in Australia – Update 91
- Commentary has been added to Chs 2, 3, 4, 7, 8, 9, 13, and 15.
- Legislation updated in the Corporations Act 2001 (Cth) and the Corporations Regulations 2001 (Cth).
Commercial Arbitration Law & Practice – Update 137
- Commercial Arbitration Act 2013 (Qld) added and existing legislation updated.
- Security of Payment updated.
- Alternative Dispute Resolution updated.
Company Receivers and Administrators – Update 148 & 149
- Commentary has been added to Chs 41, 42, 44, 45, 46, 50, 51, 52, 56, 58, and 60.
- Commentary has been added to New Developments, Appendix 3 and Chs 2, 3, 5, 6 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 23, 31 and 40.
Computer Contracts Principles and Precedents – Update 123
- Commentary updated in Chs 1 and 1A.
- New precedent added.
- Precedents updated.
Crutchfield’s Voluntary Administration – Update 9
- Extensive amendment to commentary consequent upon the commencement of the Personal Property Securities Act 2009 (Cth).
- Corporations Act 2001 (Cth) and Corporations Regulations 2001 (Cth) extracts amended.
- ASIC Forms amended and reissued.
Intellectual Property – Update 73
- Ch 16, The International Copyright System, has been thoroughly revised and substantial further commentary has been added.
- Ch 19, Origin and rationale of designs protection, has been revised and further commentary added.
- Amendments to the Designs Act 2003 (Cth) made by the Federal Circuit Court of Australia (Consequential Amendments) Act 2013 (Cth) have been incorporated.
- The modifications to the Public Lending Right Scheme 1997 made by the Public Lending Right Scheme 1997 (Modification No 1 of 2013) have been incorporated.
International Commercial Arbitration – Update 57
- Relevant Legislation and International Conventions updated.
- Conduct of the Arbitral Proceedings updated.
- Recognition and Enforcement updated.
Liquor Licensing Law & Practice NSW – Update 151
- Liquor licensing commentary updated.
- Liquor Act 2007 (NSW), Liquor Regulation 2008 (NSW), Registered Clubs Regulation 2009 (NSW) and Gaming Machines Act 2001 (NSW) updated.
- New Developments updated.
McPherson’s Law of Company Liquidation – Update 46 & 47
- Commentary updated in Ch 11 – Available assets for division and distribution and Ch 15 – Investigations, examinations, prosecutions and civil or pecuniary penalty orders.
- Commentary updated in Ch 7 – Commencement and effects of winding up and Ch 16 – Termination of winding-up proceedings.
- New Developments updated.
National Credit Regulation – Update 13
- Commentary has been extensively updated addressing the partial commencement of the Enhancement amendments to the National Consumer Credit Protection Act 2009 (Cth).
- Amendments to the National Consumer Credit Protection Act 2009 (Cth) pursuant to the Federal Circuit Court of Australia (Consequential Amendments) Act 2013 (Cth).
National Workplace Relations – Update 61 & 62
- Annotations to sections of the Fair Work Act 2009 (Cth) have been amended by Aaron Neal, Elizabeth Kenny, Mark Rinaldi, Victoria Lambropoulos and Rohan Millar.
- The Fair Work (Registered Organisations) Act 2009 (Cth) and Children and Young Persons (Care and Protection) Act 1998 (NSW) have been amended.
Personal Property Securities Law in Australia – Update 19
- Commentary in Chs 5, 10, 12, 14, 15, 20, 25, 35, 40, 45, 50, 52, 55, 62, 63 and 65 has been extensively reviewed and amended consequent upon recent international case law.
The Law of Trusts – Update 111
- The commentary in Ch 13, Trustees’ Rights and Remuneration; Ch 15, The Variation of Trusts and Ch 16, Termination of Trust has been added to by Mr W A Lee.
Trade Practices Law – Competition and Consumer Law – Update 166
- Eight Commentary chapters have been updated.
- The Access to Justice (Federal Jurisdiction) Amendment Act 2012 (Cth) (Act 186 of 2012) has inserted Pt VAAA Vexatious proceedings (ss 37AM-37AT) into the Federal Court of Australia Act 1976 (Cth), commencing on 11 June 2013.
- The Courts Legislation Amendment (Judicial Complaints) Act 2012 (Cth) (Act 187 of 2012) has amended various sections and inserted new s 18XA Protection of persons involved in handling etc. complaints into the Federal Court of Australia Act (1976) (Cth), commencing on 12 April 2013.
- The Federal Circuit Court of Australia (Consequential Amendments) Act 2013 (Cth) (Act 13 of 2013) has amended sections within the Federal Court of Australia Act 1976 (Cth), commencing on 12 April 2013.
- The Recommended Reading section has been updated.