The following products have been updated in July 2013:
Criminal Law Instigation and Procedure Victoria
- New and updated commentary by Magistrate Greg Connellan on s 49 of the Road Safety Act 1986.
- Legislative amendments have been made to the Road Safety Act 1986, Road Safety (Drivers) Regulations 2009, Road Safety Road Rules 2009, Road Safety (Vehicles) Regulations 2009, Fisheries Regulations 2009 and Gambling Regulation Act 2003.
Criminal Law New South Wales
- New and updated commentary on Robbery by Greg Hosking SC on the Crimes Act 1900.
- The Victims Rights and Support Act 2013 and the Victims Rights and Support Regulation 2013 commenced 3 June and have been included in Criminal Law New South Wales. With effect from 3 June the Victims Rights Act 1996, Victims Support and Rehabilitation Act 1996, Victims Support and Rehabilitation Regulation 2012 and the Victims Support and Rehabilitation Rule 1997 have been repealed by the Victims Rights and Support Act 2013.
- Legislative amendments have been made to the Crown Lands Act 1989, Liquor Act 2007, Liquor Regulation 2008, Local Government Act 1993, Local Government (General) Regulation 2005, Marine Safety (General) Regulation 2009, National Parks and Wildlife Act 1974, National Parks and Wildlife Regulation 2009, Passenger Transport Regulation 2007, Photo Card Regulation 2005, Police Act 1990, Prevention of Cruelty to Animals Act 1979, Property, Stock and Business Agents Act 2002, Recreation Vehicles Act 1983, Roads Act 1993, Roads Regulation 2008, Sydney Harbour Tunnel (Private Joint Venture) Act 1987, Transport Administration Act 1988 and Transport Administration (General) Regulation 2005.
- New and updated commentary by Professor Mirko Bagaric on the Crimes Act 1914.
- A table comparing the value of a penalty unit in each Australian jurisdiction has been issued.
- Legislative amendments have been made to the Aviation Transport Security Act 2004, Corporations Act 2001, Crimes Regulations 1990 and Criminal Code Regulations 2002.
- A survey has been included concerning user efficiency and offers a chance to win a $200 Thomson Reuters voucher to the online store.
Ross on Crime
- New and updated commentary by Professor Mirko Bagaric on Arrest, Bail, Circumstantial evidence, Confession, Corroboration, Criminal Damage, Dietrich, Discretion, Duplicity, Expert Evidence, Joint Enterprise, Jury, Pervert the course of Justice, Plea, Propensity, Prosecutor, Provocation, Rule of Law, Sentencing Purposes and Principles, The Sentencing Process and Structuring Sentences, Sentence of imprisonment, Separate Trials and Strict Liability.
Summary Offences Law and Practice Queensland
- New and updated commentary by Nicholas Tucker on Justices Act 1986, Penalties and Sentences Act 1992, Domestic and Family Violence Protection Act 2012, Mental Health Act 2000, Victims of Crime Assistance Act 2009 and Youth Justice Act 1992.
- Legislative amendments have been made to the Children’s Court Rules 1997, Child Protection Act 1999, Criminal Code, Justices Act 1886, Justices Regulation 2004, Penalties and Sentences Act 1992, Penalties and Sentences Regulation 2005, Victims of Crime Assistance Act 2009 and Uniform Civil Procedure Rules 1999.
- The Drugs Court Act 2000 expired on 30 June 2013.