This Practical HR update is a must read for all employers and HR practitioners.
Current online subscribers can access the update on Checkpoint.
Further details on what is included in this update are outlined below:
Changes to the Privacy Act
• Details of the 13 Australian Privacy Principles and the implications they have on employers ([5-7140] and Focus on HR [RD-1]).
• Details of the increased functions and powers of the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner ([5-7190]).
Tips for Employers
• A quick guide to the steps employers should take to ensure compliance with the new privacy principles ([5-7210]).
• How to avoid sham contracting arrangements (Focus on HR [RD-4]).
• How to ensure successful inductions (Focus on HR [RD-5]).
• A recent case decision has shown that where selection criteria for positions disproportionately exclude members of a certain race it may constitute indirect racial discrimination (Focus on HR [RD-3]).
Practical HR provides hands-on support through the entire employment lifecycle.
It will help those with HR responsibilities to streamline day-to-day operations, develop strategies for future success and meet employer obligations. It details key areas including HR management, job analysis and position descriptions, recruitment and selection, contracts and conditions of employment, remuneration and benefits, performance management, training and development, equal employment and discrimination, OHS and termination.
It features six updates per year and includes a bulletin – Focus on HR – which reports on the latest legislative developments and case studies.
Practical HR is available online, in print and CD Rom.
See our estore for more detail: