ProView Release 2.0 for iPad is ready for download from the App store. It’s also available for Browser, with full details of releases following.
The release features enhanced Library screen navigation, context-specific Help, and title level navigation changes. Full details appear in the update notes for this release which are available here: ProView 2 0 Release Notes – Sep 2014 v 2.
Coinciding with the release, we have published a small eBook, “A Guide to ProView”, for all our customers. This guide appears at the top of your library screen and includes hints, attached documents and useful links for ensuring you get the most out of using your eBooks. Please let us know if you would like other content included and we will update it.
The different platform release dates for R2.0 follow:
- iPad – available. Compatible with iOS 8.
- Web Browser – available, with small user interface changes for late September. The browser edition is accessible at https://proview.thomsonreuters.com/
- Android – expected in the Google and Amazon App Stores in mid December 2014. This major release moves the application to an Android Tablet (Native) Application for greater flexibility and performance.
- Mac Desktop* – expected early October 2014– see http://thomsonreuters.com/site/proview/proview-for-window-mac/
- Windows Desktop* – expected early October 2014– see http://thomsonreuters.com/site/proview/proview-for-window-mac/
- Note: *DESKTOP editions for Windows (AIR) and Mac (AIR) – these 2.0 releases to the ProView site will NOT include the new Library functionality which will be implemented with a more substantial future platform change in 2015.
The platform-specific guides for use of ProView with tablet, browser and desktop are being updated for release.