Instead of writing reminders to yourself on sticky notes, write them in the Tasks section. This will allow you to share the tasks with others on the matter or keep them private. You can add tasks from the Firm Central home page or the Matter Profile sub tab for a matter. The task will now also prompt you as to where the task is new, due soon, or overdue task in colour. This colour coding stands out on the matter page and home page.
To add a task simply:
- Click Add Task
- Enter a name or description of the task. Add an optional due date. If you are adding the task from the Firm Central home page, assign the task to a client and matter.
- The task default is a public/shared task if associated with a client and matter. Check “Private Task” if you do not want to make the task public.
- Click Save.
- The task is displayed with a checkbox preceding it. Tasks created from the home page and associated to a client and matter will appear on the matter profile page for the associated matter.
- You can edit the task by clicking the task name.
- When you have completed a task, click its check box. The task moves to the “Completed Tasks” section.
- Use the dropdown at the top of the task list to filter to tasks that are due today, completed, overdue, future tasks, all open.
- Click “Clear” for “Completed Tasks” to delete the list below it.
- These tasks can also now available to be emailed or printed